|The Descartes Research Group has moved to the University of Würzburg and information on this page is outdated. My new homepage can be found here: http://go.uni-wuerzburg.de/nhuber |
Main research areas:
- Software Performance Engineering
- Autonomic Computing
- Run-Time Performance and Resource Management
- Component-based Software Engineering
- System and Service Modeling and Simulation
- Distributed Component-based Systems
- Cloud Computing
Projects and Presentations
Model-based Run-Time Adaptation in Dynamic Virtualized Resource Landscapes, RELATE ITN Open Excellence Workshop, Karlsruhe, December 4, 2012.
The Descartes Meta-Model for Self-Aware Quality-of-Service and Resource Management in Dynamic IT Infrastructures, Invited Talk, SAP Research, Karlsruhe, May 10, 2012.
From Offline to Online Component Models for Run-Time Resource Management, Invited Talk, Palladio Days, Karlsruhe, November 17, 2011.
Descartes Research Group: Engineering of Self-Aware IT Systems and Services, Invited Talk, Blue Yonder GmbH, Karlsruhe, November 10, 2011.
Analysis of the Performance-Influencing Factors of Virtualization Platforms, Invited Talk, Department of Computer Science, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Kiel, January 21, 2011.
I am involved in teaching the following regular lecture: Performance Engineering of Enterprise Software Systems. I also organize the study group Software Design and Quality and supervise students in the seminar Enterprise Software and IBM System z.
 Waldemar Schott, Automated Model-based System Reconfiguration: A Case Study. Master's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2013.
 Dharminder Rattu, Infrastructure Reconfiguration Using Architecture-Level Performance Models. Master's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2012.
 Nikolas Herbst, Workload Classification and Forecasting. Master's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2012.
 Waldemar Schott, Verbesserte Performance-Vorhersage für virtualisierte Umgebungen durch Integration von Messergebnissen. Study thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2012.
 Enrico Kusnady, QoS-aware Resource Allocation in Virtualized Environments. Master's thesis, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2011.
 Marcel von Quast, Automatisierte Performance-Analyse von Virtualisierungsplattformen. Master's thesis (in German), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), 2010. [ bib ]
Selected Reviewer and Conference Organization Activities
Selected Reviewer Activities
- Transactions on Computers, IEEE, 2012
- Journal of Distributed and Parallel Computing, Elsevier, 2011
- Int. Conference on Autonomic Computing 2013, 2014
- Int. Conference on Performance Engineering, ACM, 2011
- Int. SIGMETRICS/Performance Conference, ACM, 2012
- Int. Conference on Parallel Processing, IEEE, 2013
- Int. Conference Series on Quality of Software Architectures, ACM, 2010 - 2012
- Int. Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, IEEE, 2011
- Local Organization Co-Chair for ICPE 2011 - 2nd ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE) sponsored by ACM SIGSOFT and ACM SIGMETRICS in cooperation with SPEC, Karlsruhe, Germany, March 14-16, 2011.
- Local Organization Co-Chair for PASM 2011 - 5th International Workshop on Practical Applications of Stochastic Modelling (PASM), Karlsruhe, Germany, March 17, 2011
|since April 2014||Ph.D. Student in the Descartes Research Group at the University of Würzburg, funded by the Emmy Noether Programme|
|Jul 2009 - Mar 2014||Ph.D. Student in the Descartes Research Group at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, funded by the Emmy Noether Programme|
|Jan 2008 - May 2008||Study Thesis at the Monash University, Melbourne, Australia|
|Feb 2007 - Dec 2008||Internship and working student at the Silverstroke AG, Ettlingen, Germany|
|Oct 2003 - Apr 2009||Studies of Computer Science (Information Technology) at the University of Karlsruhe (TH), Germany|
|Jun 2002||Abitur at the Martha Schanzenbach Gymnasium, Gengenbach|
Last update: April 11, 2014